Blue Badge parking concessions
What is the Blue Badge Scheme?
The aim of the Blue Badge scheme is to help disabled people who have severe mobility problems to access goods, services and other facilities by allowing them to park close to their destination. The scheme provides a national range of on-street parking concessions for Blue Badge holders who are travelling either as a driver or passenger.
People who automatically qualify for a badge
A person is automatically eligible for a badge if they are over two years old and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- receives the Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance
- is registered blind (severely sight impaired)
- receives a War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
- has received a lump sum benefit within tariff levels 1-8 of the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme and has been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking
People who may also qualify for a badge
Some people may also be eligible for a badge if they are more than two years old and have a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.
If you are applying for a badge under this criterion you will need to show that you have a permanent and substantial disability which means:
- you are unable to walk
- you are unable to walk very far without experiencing very considerable difficulty. This may include excessive pain and breathlessness, or a deterioration of health brought on by the effort needed to walk
A permanent and substantial disability is one that is likely to last for all of your life. Eligibility is not determined on the basis of a particular diagnosis or condition. It is the effect of the permanent disability on your ability to walk that is important.
If your application is successful there will be a £10 charge for all new, renewed and organisational badges issued by Lincolnshire County Council. The badge fee will be non-refundable and payable only if your application is successful. There will be no charge for unsuccessful applications.
Please do not send payment with your application form; we will contact you if your application is successful to request payment and inform you of how you can pay the badge fee.