Blue Badge parking concessions
What is the Blue Badge Scheme?
The aim of the Blue Badge scheme is to help disabled people who have severe mobility problems to access goods, services and other facilities by allowing them to park close to their destination. The scheme provides a national range of on-street parking concessions for Blue Badge holders who are travelling either as a driver or passenger.
People who automatically qualify for a badge
A person is automatically eligible for a badge if they are over two years old and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- receives the Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance
- is registered blind (severely sight impaired)
- receives a War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
- has received a lump sum benefit within tariff levels 1-8 of the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme and has been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking
People who may also qualify for a badge
Some people may also be eligible for a badge if they are more than two years old and have a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.
If you are applying for a badge under this criterion you will need to show that you have a permanent and substantial disability which means:
- you are unable to walk
- you are unable to walk very far without experiencing very considerable difficulty. This may include excessive pain and breathlessness, or a deterioration of health brought on by the effort needed to walk
A permanent and substantial disability is one that is likely to last for all of your life. Eligibility is not determined on the basis of a particular diagnosis or condition. It is the effect of the permanent disability on your ability to walk that is important.
Warning before applying
Lincolnshire County Council has been made aware of a number of bogus and unregulated websites offering individuals assistance in applying for a Disabled Person’s Parking Badge. These websites appear genuine and often charge large amounts of money for minimal assistance in completing the application form. Lincolnshire County Council warns applicants against using these websites as they are in no way affiliated to the Blue Badge Scheme.
Applicants should apply for the scheme by downloading an application form from the ‘Downloads’ section at the bottom of the page or by clicking the button below to apply online.
Should any assistance be required with completing the application form, please contact us by telephone on 01522 782232 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application is successful there will be a £10 charge for all new, renewed and organisational badges issued by Lincolnshire County Council. The badge fee will be non-refundable and payable only if your application is successful. There will be no charge for unsuccessful applications.
Please do not send payment with your application form; we will contact you if your application is successful to request payment and inform you of how you can pay the badge fee.
Misuse of the Blue Badge
Lincolnshire County Council takes all allegations of abuse/misuse of Blue Badges seriously. If you wish to report an incident of abuse/misuse you should get as many details as possible from the badge on display (serial number, issuing authority expiry date etc) and complete the online reporting form:
- The misuse of a Blue Badge is a serious offence
- A badge can be withdrawn if it is misused or allowed to be misused by others
- It is a criminal offence for non-disabled people to use a badge, if they do so, they are liable to a fine of up to £1,000
- It is a criminal offence to drive a vehicle displaying a Blue Badge unless the badge holder is in the vehicle, or the vehicle is being driven by someone other than the badge holder for the purpose of entering or leaving an area (which is accessible only to vehicles displaying a Blue Badge) in order to pick up or drop off the holder