The Health Scrutiny Committee for Lincolnshire
The Health Scrutiny Committee for Lincolnshire has 16 members, made up of 8 county councillors, 1 representative from each of the 7 District Councils in Lincolnshire and 1 non-voting representative from Healthwatch Lincolnshire. It meets approximately every 4 weeks.
The members of the Committee are:
Cllr Rosanne Kirk (Labour)
Cllr Hugo Marfleet (Lincolnshire Administration - Conservative)
Cllr Stephen Palmer (Lincolnshire Independents)
Cllr Miss Elizabeth Ransome (UK Independence Party)
Cllr Mrs Sue Ransome (UK Independence Party)
Cllr Mrs Christine Talbot (Lincolnshire Administration - Conservative) (Chairman)
Cllr Martin Trollope-Bellew (Lincolnshire Administration - Conservative)
Cllr Mrs Susan Wray (Lincolnshire Administration - Conservative)
Cllr Chris Brewis (South Holland) (Vice Chairman)
Cllr Neil Cooper (East Lindsey)
Cllr Miss Joyce Frost (North Kesteven)
Cllr Chris Burke (Lincoln City)
Cllr Mrs Rosemary Kaberry-Brown (South Kesteven)
Cllr Malcolm Leaning (West Lindsey)
Cllr Dr Gurdip Samra (Boston)
Dr Brian Wookey
The role of this Committee is:
- To review and scrutinise the following services and their outcomes:
* NHS Healthcare; and
* Health and Well-Being Board
- To review and scrutinise any matters relating to the planning, provision and operation of health services which affect the residents of Lincolnshire except for those under the remit of the Community and Public Safety Scrutiny Committee.
- To consider and respond to any consultations by any responsible NHS commissioner which constitute a substantial development or substantial variation in the provision of health services in Lincolnshire and where the substantial variation or development
* would not be in the interests of the health service in Lincolnshire; or
* that the arrangements put in place by the responsible NHS commissioner for consultation have not been adequate in relation to content or time allowed; or
* the reasons given for not consulting by the responsible NHS commissioner are not adequate;
to make a recommendation to the County Council to refer the matter to the Secretary of State.
- To consider and respond to any other health consultations, which affect the residents of Lincolnshire.
- With the approval of the Overview and Scrutiny Management Committee, to establish time limited task and finish groups in relation to the above services.
- To make reports and recommendations to any relevant NHS body, to any relevant health service provider, the County Council, the Executive or relevant Executive Councillor in relation to any of the Committee's functions listed above.
- To liaise with Healthwatch Lincolnshire in relation to the health care element of Healthwatch Lincolnshire's work programme and to consider referrals from Healthwatch Lincolnshire in relation to health care.
The Health Scrutiny Committee will meet at 10.00am on the following dates:
- 23 July 2014
- 17 September 2014
- 22 October 2014
- 19 November 2014
- 17 December 2014
- 14 January 2015
- 11 February 2015
- 18 March 2015
- 22 April 2015
- 20 May 2015
- 17 June 2015
- 22 July 2015
- 16 September 2015
- 21 October 2015
- 18 November 2015
- 16 December 2015
For copies of the agendas, reports and minutes from the meetings of the Health Scrutiny Committee please see our online Committee Records system.