Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

Information, Publications and Contacts

Information and advice is available to everyone. We can advise you about services in your area, such as those provided by other agencies, including health, education and the voluntary sector (local and national parent support groups, after school clubs and sitting services). Please contact the Customer Service Centre on 01522 782111

Family Information Service

The Family Information Service has wide range of information for families with children with disabilities and additional needs, from inclusive registered childcare, Short Breaks information, Children’s Centre services and children’s services information.

Contact the Family Information Service on 0800 195 1635 Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm or look for information on the Family Services Directory.

Welfare Rights Advice

All enquiries regarding welfare benefits are directed to the Benefits Agency or the Citizen’s Advice Bureau. To make sure that you or your family are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to, you can contact the Disability Living Allowance Centre on 08457 123456 or the Benefits Enquiry Line on 0800 882200.

Social work advice and support 

All families have their ups and downs but caring for a child with disabilities can be very stressful at times and it can be helpful to talk things over with someone. Social workers can offer advice, information and assistance with many difficulties, from practical advice about a range of matters to situations where help is needed because of concerns about the safety of family members.

Staff who are specially trained and experienced in working with a range of children/young people with disabilities can talk to you about your child’s needs and put you in touch with many sources of information, advice and support. Contact the Customer Services Centre on 01522 782111 or go to County Council Services for Children and Young People who are Disabled and or Sensory Impaired.

Day care services

Lincolnshire Social Services works in partnership with voluntary organisations to offer play schemes to children with disabilities during the school holidays.
Family Services Directory.

Equipment for daily living and adaptations to your home

Your child may be helped by some very simple equipment to assist everyday activities. Examples include special cutlery, bathing aids or toilet seats. The occupational therapist (OT) can provide an assessment of a child’s interaction with their environment and their ability to carry out activities. OT intervention includes providing appropriate equipment or recommendation of home adaptations. Adaptations to the home may include installation of a downstairs toilet, putting in a stair lift or widening doorways for wheelchair access. Occupational therapists can help identify your needs, explain how major adaptations can be funded and how to apply for grant help from your local housing office.

For further information contact the Customer Service Centre on 01522 782111

Short Breaks Services Statement

The statement identifies the future developments in Short Break services for children and young people who are disabled and/or sensory impaired and their parent/carers.

Download it here

Short Breaks

Information for families of children with a disability and/or sensory impairment.

4all Newsletter

4all is an information magazine for parents of children and young people who have a sensory impairment, additional needs and/or are disabled. It provides lots of helpful information for families and young people, and also describes the many short break activities available across the county.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 24 March 2014

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET