Booking Archive Resources
Please note that pre-1914 School Admission Registers and Log Books will be unavailable until early October 2014 to enable digitisation work to take place. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. The work will have long-term benefits in reducing use of the original volumes, many of which have broken spines, and will also enable remote access.
Please book resources in the search room to avoid disappointment and save time on arrival. You cannot pre-order documents without a study table or booth booking.
Every new reader must register for a reader ticket. See Search Room Access.
You will need to book one resource for every visitor.
How to make a booking
Have your reader ticket number ready if you are an existing reader.
- Online: e Booking - follow this link to check availability. New readers can check availability, but not book online. Please include the following information with any booking requests; first name, surname, full address including postcode, date and time of required booking, facility required (i.e. microfiche, PC, etc.)
- Telephone: 01522 782040
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (see downloads for information required to make a successful booking). Please include the following information; first name, surname, full address including postcode, CARN reader ticket number (i.e. 52/3351), date and time of required booking, facility required (i.e. microfiche, PC, etc.)
What resources will you need to book?
You can book more than one type of resource for the duration of your visit.
To view the layout of tables and fiche viewers etc in the search room see Search Room Plan
View the resource types by viewing the PDF download (Search Room Resources description) at the top of this page.
When two people need to work together, you can share microfiche viewers 14 or 15 or study booth 1. Both people need a reader ticket and please telephone or e-mail email@example.com so that a second person can be booked
A limited number of electrical sockets is available for your laptop. When phoning, please specify if you would like to use a socket.
- Microfiche (1-13)- births, marriages & deaths indexes, parish registers, census 1871, 1891, 1901, Ordnance Survey maps, IGI.
- Microfiche (14-15)- as above with space for assistant and electrical socket
- Computer (1-5) - pre 1911 baptism & burial parish registers, pre July 1837 marriages/digitised documents, room for laptop but no electrical socket, battery only.
- Microfilm 1 & 2 - census 1851, 1881, bishops’ transcripts.
- Study table (A-N) - original documents and books.
- Study table (O-R) - original documents and books, electrical sockets.
- Study table (C) - original documents and books, wheelchair height.
- Map table (1 & 2)- large documents such as maps and plans.
- Study booth 1 - British Standard Institute specified height for a wheelchair, electrical socket.
Reader tickets. For further details see Search Room Access.
Forgotten your reader ticket number? If you are an existing user, but you have forgotten your reader ticket number, or the system is not working for you, please contact the Customer Service Centre or Lincolnshire Archives and staff will be pleased to assist. Alternatively, you are welcome to book by telephone or e-mail. Please telephone Lincolnshire Archives if you are trying to book on the day itself.
Pre-ordering documents. You can pre-order up to 6 documents if you know the reference number by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you leave it until the day before your visit, the items may not actually be ready. You do not need to pre-order parish registers on microfiche, as they are self-service in the search room.
Please familiarise yourself with the various search room systems - what may and may not be taken into the search room and the time for requesting to view original documents - this information is on our website:
You may find it helpful to consult our online catalogues and indexes.