Lincoln Register Office
The Register Office is situated at the foot of Lindum Hill, below the historic cathedral.
Lincoln Register Office is located within a magnificent listed building built in the 19th century as a home for the Bainbridge family. The waiting room is decorated with a medieval tapestry saved from a demolished house. The ceremony room is tastefully decorated in shades of burgundy and gold with oak wall panelling and complimentary silk flower arrangements. It seats up to 40 guests.
A copy of the Carmichael painting of the city hangs in the ceremony room. It is accompanied by other pictures of the city. French windows lead out to an attractive lawned and terraced garden.
To make an appointment please telephone our customer service centre 01522 782244, weekdays 8:00am to 6:00pm; Saturdays 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- Access to the Register Office is located via ‘Danesgate’ as there is no access from the front of the building on Lindum Road
- If using Sat Nav please use the postcode LN2 1LP
- Vehicular access is via Clasketgate, a one way street from the Broadgate/Lindum Road junction
- Take the first right turn into Flaxengate
- Follow the road round to the right and the office entrance is on Danesgate
- The Register Office entrance is located through the footpath gated archway on the right on Danesgate
- Pay and Display parking is available in ‘Grantham Street’ Flaxengate
- Uphill to the car park in front of The Collection (museum). The whole area is no parking on the roadside
- The car park opposite our offices on Danesgate is only available on Weekends and Bank Holidays as a Pay-and-Display car park.