Lincolnshire Community Assistance Scheme (LCAS)
From 1 April Lincolnshire County Council will be running a new scheme to help people going through unexpected difficulties and who need urgent assistance. The scheme can provide help in meeting basic needs, such as:
- Food and drinking water
- Clothes and shoes
- Personal hygiene products
- Essential household items such as beds, chairs and cooking equipment
- One-off support for household heating or lighting payments
- One-off payment of rent or lodging costs if your local housing department cannot help
- Essential travel
A leaflet about the scheme is available in the ‘downloads’ section.
- be over 16
- have been resident in Lincolnshire for 3 months prior to making an application. (Those who are returning from prison or another institution, who lived in Lincolnshire immediately before custody may make an application straight away.)
- have exhausted all other forms of assistance, eg family/friends, benefits, work and pensions agencies and regulated financial services providers, including credit unions.
- be receiving welfare benefits (work and unemployment, housing and disability related): or be living in a low income household (as determined by HMRC) and experiencing an extreme situation, and meet the other criteria.
If making an application due to a lost or stolen wallet/purse the matter must be reported to the Police and a crime number must be provided to us during the application. We will only support these applications in the most extreme circumstances where funds cannot be obtained in any other way.
To access LCAS, please call 01522 782248 or 0300 7900152. Individual mobile phone providers may charge different rates for calls to these number.
Applications are usually only accepted from people in receipt of welfare benefits such as:
- Income Support
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit
Information provided during an application may be verified using Government and local authority information systems. Applications can only be processed when applicants consent to the sharing of their information with partner organisations.
The county council will use the information you provide to make a referral for you to other organisations for longer-term support. If you want to apply for help with basic needs from LCAS more than once (and a maximum number of 3 times per year per household except in extreme circumstances), you will need to be receiving support from these organisations to be eligible.
To access LCAS, please call 01522 782248. Please note that this is a free call from landlines, however individual mobile phone providers may charge for calls to this number.
Lines are open from Monday to Friday - 8am until 6pm.