Lincoln Central Library
Welcome to the Lincoln Central Library home page. Lincoln’s first public library opened in 1895 and operated from the Assembly Rooms building in the centre of the city. It was replaced by the new site on Free School Lane in 1914.
The current library site underwent a major re-development from August to November 2009, before being re-opened on the 2nd November 2009. The new site now benefits from self service technology and many more features.