Grantham Household Waste Recycling Centre
The Grantham Household Waste Recycling Centre is located off Harlaxton Road and is clearly marked from the main road near the petrol station. The site is owned and operated by Lincolnshire County Council.
What can you recycle in Grantham?
- Car batteries
- Cartons and tetrapaks
- Cooking oil
- Fluorescent tubes
- Food tins and drinks cans
- Fridges and freezers
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Hardcore and rubble
- Household and garden chemicals
- Mixed glass bottles and jars
- Mixed textiles and clothes
- Mobile phones
- Plastic bags (polythene)
- Printer cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Small appliances
- TVs and monitors
- Used engine oil
- Wood and timber
Please note that you can bring other household waste items to the site but we are unable to recycle them at present.
We are unable to accept tyres or polystrene.
- No commercial waste is accepted.
- No clinical waste is accepted.
- No asbestos-based material is accepted.
- Soil, hardcore and plasterboard are not classified as household waste, but residents may bring 1 dustbin full per person per day.
- Height barriers are in place to prevent commercial vehicles entering. You are welcome to bring your own household waste in an over-height vehicle, but you will be directed to a designated parking area to unload. Staff are happy to help and trolleys are provided.
- Facilities are available for non-recyclable waste.
- This site no longer accepts tyres. Customers are advised to take old tyres to their local tyre bay, or a breakers yard/scrap yard where they should be accepted for a small charge.
- Children (under the age of 16) must remain in cars at all times while on the site.
- Staff on site will be happy to help you, please ask if you require assistance.
Grantham Household Recycling Centre
|Monday||9.00am - 4.00pm|
|Friday||9.00am - 4.00pm|
|Saturday||9.00am - 4.00pm|
|Sunday||9.00am - 4.00pm|
Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day