Discover a world of rich history during your visit to Lincoln Castle, nestled in the heart of historic Lincoln.
Lincoln Castle Joust - Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd August, 10.30am - 5pm
Come and witness a true battle of heroes as four medieval Knights gather at Lincoln Castle to take part in a thrilling tournament. Visitors are invited to choose their champion as they compete in mounted skill at arms and a fully armoured, full contact medieval joust. The Knights will pit all their strength against each other in exciting competitions that will test their skills on horseback to the limit!
You will also be treated to flying displays of birds of prey with our master falconer, hunting games on horseback with the noble ladies, plus medieval music and dance from our duo of players and lots of mischief from our jester! Plus a living history encampment of soldiers and civilians with the Lincoln Castle Garrison will complete our weekend trip back to the 15th Century.
There will be plenty for children to do too, from hobby horse jousting to medieval soldiers drill and medieval games.
Adults £8.00, Concession £6.40, Children £4.80, Family £20.80
Refreshments will be on sale but please feel free to bring along a picnic.
Please see download for full timetable of the event.
PLEASE NOTE THE PRISON IS UNDER REFURBISHMENT AT THE PRESENT TIME AND THEREFORE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. MAGNA CARTA HAS GONE ON HOLIDAY TO THE USA WHILE WE CARRY OUT WORKS TO BUILD A NEW VISITOR CENTRE FOR IT AND THE CHARTER OF THE FOREST.
Our aim is to create a world class heritage visitor attraction in Lincoln. We hope that your visit will inspire you to return in 2015 to see for yourself the results of this transformation.
Rather than close the Castle for two years we have decided to keep it open so that visitors can see the work in progress. Between now and 2015 we will be:
- Refurbishing the Georgian and Victorian Prison buildings
- Restoring the Castle walls, Lucy Tower, Observatory Tower, Cobb Hall and Bath House
- Creating a complete wall walk that will enable visitors to walk all the way around the walls and enjoy spectacular views over the City
- Installing state of the art interpretation that will chart the history of the Castle and Prison through film, audio, digital interactives and panels
- Constructing an underground vault in which to display Magna Carta and the Charter of the Forest, the only place in the World where they can be seen together
- Creating a cinema in the round that will screen films about Magna Carta
- Refurbishing the front range of the Prison and creating a new shop and café
- Installing a lift to the walls that will enable disabled visitors to access the wall walk
Discover a world of rich history during your visit to Lincoln Castle, nestling in the heart of historic Lincoln.
Join one of our tour guides to discover more about the history of Lincoln Castle.
On your visit to Lincoln Castle discover a site steeped in history spanning the centuries.
All the information you need to plan your visit to Lincoln Castle.
Lincoln Castle is a favourite choice of teachers and students alike for educational visits.
Lincoln Castle Revealed will bring this historic site to life like never before.
Find out what’s happening at Lincoln Castle.
Welcome to our Spring programme of Heritage skills/crafts taster days.