You can have your personal budget paid to you directly.
This gives you the option to arrange and pay for your own support. It means that you do not have to use the services we provide.
If you are unable to manage your money, an ‘authorised person’ can request a direct payment and manage it on your behalf. This is usually a carer, family member or friend.
An ‘authorised person’ must:
- act in your best interests
- make sure that you have as much input as possible into decision-making
- let us know if you are able to make your own decisions again
Managing your payments
We may pay your personal budget as a one-off lump sum or as ongoing monthly payments.
You can use direct payments for:
- support with personal care
- help with daily activities including getting out and about
- short term breaks or respite care
- getting involved in community-based activities
- buying equipment or making small adaptations to your property
We will offer you a prepaid card account for receiving direct payments. If you feel unable to manage this, you can use your own separate bank account if agreed with us in advance.
If you choose not to have a direct payment, we can arrange support services for you.
If you change your mind at any time, call 01522 552222.
For advice from one of our partners, visit the Penderels Trust website.