A naming ceremony is a way to:
- welcome a child after a birth or adoption
- unite two families from previous marriages
- let couples make a public commitment to their children
They are non-religious ceremonies with no legal status. They can be held at:
- registration offices in Lincolnshire
- venues licensed for civil ceremonies
- public buildings with a private function room (for example, a village hall)
You must ask us to inspect and approve any public buildings before making any arrangements.
Anyone with parental responsibility can make the arrangements. A ceremony co-ordinator will work with you to discuss options and costs.
To book, email [email protected] or call 01522 552513.
Civil naming ceremony fees
- £220 - Monday to Thursday
- £235 - Friday and Saturday
- £260 - Sunday and Bank Holidays
A non-refundable deposit of £30 will be required upon booking. The balance is due six weeks before the day of the ceremony.
Fees charged by other venues are your responsibility.