Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

Planning Applications

For most types of private building projects enquiries concerning the need for planning permission and applications for such permission should be addressed to your local District Council.

The exception to this is where the developments relate to mineral working or waste disposal, where the County Council is the responsible planning authority.

The County Council is also responsible for ensuring mineral and waste developments are carried out in accordance with the permitted details.

The County Council also determines applications for its own development projects e.g. new roads and schools.

Responsibility for this area of work lies within the Planning Group.

In respect of applications dealt with by the District Councils, they are obliged to consult the Highways Authority on all these applications.  The County Council provides highway advice based on highway safety. 

For further information please see Downloads below.



The following files will open in their associated programs. To view PDF files on our website Adobe Acrobat Reader 5 or above is recommended. To upgrade or for help, visit the Adobe website.

Planning Portal

Create, edit and submit planning applications and review their status.

Planning Portal

Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 22 December 2015

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET