The Fleet Services Group delivers Fleet Management Services on behalf of Lincolnshire County Council. Key responsibilities include:
- the procurement of vehicles for use by all directorates e.g. mobile libraries, winter maintenance vehicles and school minibuses
- the procurement of contract hire cars for use by staff across directorates
- vehicle repair assessments
- responsibility for the Council’s commercial vehicle operators ‘O’ licence and compliance with relevant legislation
- maintenance/re-tendering of the Council’s fleet contract
- legal and operational advice on vehicle use
Fleet Management Services for the procurement, management and retendering of vehicles, and retention of the Council’s commercial operators ‘O’ licence are only provided to staff/directorates within the County Council and to other key contacts. These services are not delivered directly to the public.