Apply for a wedding venue licence

You must apply for a ‘grant of approval’ for your venue to hold civil ceremonies.

Before you apply, read the guidance for the approval of licensed venues on

To apply, you must download the application form.

Email your completed form to and, if possible:

  • a plan of the building showing the area where ceremonies will be held
  • any other documents (for example, a copy of your public liability insurance)

We will contact you arrange payment and to inspect the premises.