Please do not contact us until you receive your Citizenship Ceremony Invitation Letter from the Home Office confirming that your certificate has been despatched to us and that you should approach us to book a ceremony.
You must book the ceremony within six months of the date on your invitation letter from the Home Office.
As we have now entered the national lockdown period we are not able to offer face-to-face ceremonies.
You can, of course, wait in the hope that face-to-face ceremonies will return in time or contact us to book a Virtual Ceremony providing you have the necessary IT equipment etc.
Attending a virtual citizenship ceremony
- You must be in the United Kingdom.
- An appointment time will be arranged to contact you using Microsoft Teams.
- You will need to have access to the internet and a device that has both a camera and microphone so that we can see and hear you during the ceremony. Full details of how to join the Microsoft Teams call will be provided in advance of the appointment.
- You will need your Home Office invitation letter and a valid form of photographic ID (e.g. passport, travel document, driving licence or biometric residence card) which will need to be produced to the camera at the start of the appointment.
- The Ceremony will be held virtually and will be relatively short (approximately 20 minutes) during which you will be required to say a few words which will be provided for you to say.
- Your Certificate of Naturalisation will be posted to the address on the invitation letter
To book your virtual Citizenship Ceremony please email us at [email protected] or by telephone on 01522 782244.