The Lincolnshire Autism Partnership Board (LAPB) looks at the different levels of autism training that people may need.
We feel that there are three distinct tiers:
- universal basic awareness training
- intermediate targeted training
- specialist training
We have outcomes that we expect from each tier, the type of content it will include and the suggested method of delivery.
E-learning training packages
The LAPB recommended the following training packages:
- An Introduction to the Autism Spectrum – a free course for all staff working for partners of the LSCP (excluding schools) and to parents and carers
- Introduction to Autism - a free basic autism awareness course produced by local authorities in the south of England
- Ask Autism Online Training – paid-for modules covering all aspects of autism, such as communication, anxiety, supporting families etc
Local face-to-face training and talks
- Supporting People on the Autism Spectrum - an intermediate level autism training presentation for parents and professionals
- Autism, Education and Me - a talk given by Sian Hutchings, a member of the LAPB, providing her own experience of autism
Key resources for professionals
- Royal College of General Practitioners - Autistic Spectrum Disorders Toolkit
- Autism Education Trust (courses run by the Working Together Team)
- LinCA Workforce Development - training opportunities for care providers
There may be other options that are more suitable for your specific needs.