Due to a higher increase in demand during the current COVID-19 pandemic the following advice has been issued.
- allow seven days between ordering your prescription and collecting from a pharmacy
- do not over order
- do not ring the pharmacy to see if the prescription is ready
- if you try to collect a prescription before it is ready you may be asked to call back
- if your prescription is urgent that day go to the pharmacy and they will complete it as soon as possible
- if your surgery/NHS message to say your prescription has been done, give the pharmacy seven days to get it ready unless urgent
You can also order your repeat prescriptions:
- online – visit your GP Practice website for more information
- NHS App
- through the post – to your GP Practice
If you are self-isolating and have no-one who can order online on your behalf please visit the Government's extremely vulnerable page or call 0800 0288 327.