Health advice and support

Support for the clinically extremely vulnerable

If you are classed as clinically extremely vulnerable you are advised to stay at home. Except to go outdoors for exercise or to attend health appointments. You should not attend work, even if you are unable to work from home.

You can access support and register on the National Shielding Service System (NSSS). The NSSS connects you directly to supermarkets to register for priority delivery services.

The guidance, includes:

  • socialising: stay at home, except to go outdoors to exercise or attend health appointments
  • work: if you cannot work from home, you should not attend work - you may be eligible for Statutory Sick Pay, Employment and Support Allowance, Universal Credit or the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme during this period.
  • going outside: avoid all non-essential travel – you should continue to travel to hospital and GP appointments as required unless told otherwise by your doctor. You are strongly advised not to go to any shops or to pharmacies, and government support is available for those who need it while they remain at home

Full guidance can be found at

If you have any further questions you can contact us through the Covid-19 helpline on 01522 782189.