- Sophie Lancaster Foundation
Staff training, student workshops and resources for tackling hate crime regarding alternative subcultures. This training can be used as evidence towards helping you achieve SMSC.
The aims and objectives of the Sophie Lancaster Foundation Charity are as follows:
- to create a lasting legacy to Sophie
- to provide educational group-works that will challenge the prejudice and intolerance towards people from alternative subcultures
- to campaign to have the UK Hate Crime legislation extended to include people from 'alternative subcultures' or 'lifestyle and dress'
- Service Description
A team leads up to 30 students per session (maximum of 4 sessions per day). We use our training cards to challenge negative opinions and all forms of bullying of any individual who is different, based only on the way they look. We conclude with a mini presentation, normally given by Adam Lancaster, Sophie's brother. Also an opportunity for a Q&A. The feedback from these days has been fantastic.
We own the award winning film made by BBC Education which tells Sophie's story. Written by Simon Armitage the content is an exact interview with Sylvia Lancaster intertwined with Simon's poetry which gives Sophie her voice. It is 45 minutes long and is followed by a Q&A session by Sylvia. Our young people are visual learners and the response has been amazing.
Sylvia or Adam Lancaster deliver a powerful and personal presentation, recounting the horrific attack on Sophie simply because she looked different. They explain the formation of the charity, the work that we do, and all that has been achieved so far. There is an opportunity for a Q&A.
Train the Trainer
A full days training which includes a presentation from Sylvia with a resource to keep. (Our resource is only available from attending one of our training days).
- Group work session - £300 (plus travel) for one and then is recalculated accordingly. A full day would be £800 (plus travel).
- Black Roses, a single showing and Q&A - £500 (plus travel).
- Presentations - £400 (plus travel) and last approximately one hour with an opportunity for a Q&A.
- Train the Trainer - £300 and includes lunch.
- Contact and how to book
We aim to respond with confirmation within 5 working day. Sophie Lancaster Foundation will contact you separately re payment arrangements