- Positive Health
Contraception workshop is a one hour session for year 9 - 13. The workshop aims to increase students knowledge and capacity to make rational and informed choices in birth control, and barrier protection from sexually transmitted infections. All contraception is examined in detail and the pros and cons are discussed, as well as dispelling a number of classic myths and old wives tales.
The workshop provides information on how and where to access further help if required.
This workshop involves use of group discussion, condom demonstrators, contraception examples, information leaflets and a highly visual PowerPoint presentation.
This training can be used as evidence towards helping you achieve SMSC.
Core Theme - Contraceptive Workshop elements Relates to KS3+4 curriculum:
1. Health and wellbeing - managing changing relationships:
- maintain sexual, physical, mental and emotional health and wellbeing
- manage risks to sexual, physical and emotional health and wellbeing
- identify and accessing advice and support agencies, including local facilities
- make informed choices about contraceptives to preserve sexual health and wellbeing 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6
2. Relationships - developing and maintaining a variety of healthy relationships, within a range of social/cultural contexts:
- recognise and manage emotions within a range of relationships
- deal with risky or negative relationships
- understand the concept of consent in relationships
- identify and access advice and support agencies, including local facilities 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.7
3 . Living in the wider world:
- recognise rights and responsibilities as members of diverse communities
- understand how to make informed choices 3.1, 3.2
- Service Description
Positive Health Lincolnshire is a provider of sexual health and wellbeing workshops across Lincolnshire. We work in partnership with Lincolnshire Contraceptive and Sexual Health Service, Public Health Lincolnshire and Healthy Schools Lincolnshire. We deliver training to many different organisations, both statutory and non-statutory. We also co-ordinate a schools programme, delivering workshops to around 85% of the country's Primary & Secondary schools, and Youth Clubs.
The workshops can be:
- provided to all schools across the Lincolnshire County Appropriate for pupils of Y9 -Y13
- delivered to individual tutor groups or whole year groups
- available to participate in Ace/Aspire Days
- adapted according to the specific learning needs of students, with elements being added, expanded on or removed, as appropriate.
All workshops are an hour long, unless otherwise stated, although can be extended with additional activities or shorted to fit lesson times.
- Workshops for schools - £60 per tutor group.
- Youth groups and colleges - the cost of this will vary according to group size.
- Some workshops can be delivered free of charge if your setting meets our funding criteria.
- Contact and how to book
We aim to respond with confirmation within 5 working days. Positive Health will contact you separately re payment arrangements.