A Lives workshop will enable students to:
- recognise when someone is in medical emergency
- gain first aid skills and knowledge to react appropriately to that medical emergency to provide immediate first aid until help arrives
- empower students to act when someone needs help
- Service Description
We can develop a bespoke first aid day for you, working around your school timetable and numbers of students involved. This could include:
- a whole school assembly presentation including recognising and reacting in an emergency and an overview of LIVES
- delivery of a class workshop covering the skills of recognising when it's an emergency
- getting help/999 call
- assisting a person who is choking and the recovery position
- use of defibrillator
- dealing with bleeding
- Citizen Aid - reacting in the event of a terrorist attack
We can deliver to specific groups or events as required. For example, health and wellbeing weeks, specific year groups, school council, sports leaders, ambassadors, family learning with mixed adults and young people and the wider school community
The workshops are available throughout the academic year. 12 weeks notice is required.
A bespoke course or first aid day can cost up to £350 depending on the number of students involved. As an organisation LIVES recognise the financial challenges Schools/Academies face and knows there aren?t always funds accessible. There are other options available. Please just ask.
- Contact and how to book
Please provide as much information as possible.
Telephone: 01522 550665. Stay Safe Partnership will aim to confirm within 5 working days.