- Lincolnshire Safeguarding Childrens Partnership
E Learning package covers FGM, forced marriage, honour based violence and spirit possession.
This training can be used as evidence towards helping you achieve SMSC.
Learning aims are:
- recognise why cultural awareness is important in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for children
- identify how and why cultural traditions can result in the abuse of children
- recognise the effects that cultural rituals such as female genital mutilation (FGM) can have on children
- recognise how cultural beliefs such as a belief in spirit possession can result in the abuse of children
Training is a via e learning on the LSCP website. It takes 90 -120 minutes, but can be undertaken in stages
- provides an understanding of the four main types of abuse that stem from culture related traditions
- increases awareness of specific cultural and religious needs
- provides the knowledge practitioners need to be confident when speaking with people from a different cultural background around the subjects
Free for maintained schools. All others £25 plus VAT.