- Just Lincolnshire
Workshop aimed at raising awareness of what Hate crime is and how to deal with it. This training can be used as evidence towards helping you achieve SMSC.
The aims of the workshops are:
- to raise awareness of what a Hate Crime is, how to recognise it, how it can affect the lives of people and communities, the barriers to reporting and how to report it. How we can work together to make things better and additionally how so call ‘mates’ can take advantage
- explore how people from many different backgrounds can work together to make things better
- demonstrate a link between Hate Crime awareness and the British values of Democracy, Rule of Law and Tolerance
Some staff feedback from previous sessions include:
- “Very knowledgeable workshop leaders”
- “The children felt comfortable to make comments and ask questions”
- “Very well resourced workshop”
- “We are using this workshop as part of our ‘transition’ work for years 5/6”
- “Lots of chances for children to challenge stereotypes”
Some feedback from learners includes:
- “Equality is really important and we need to monitor this so that everyone is treated fairly”.
- “However different looking we all are we are equal - don’t judge a book by its cover!”
- “A great way to experience different people’s possible struggles”.A workshop to raise awareness of what is a Hate Crime, how to recognise it, how it can affect the lives of people and communities, the barriers to reporting and how to report it. How we can work together to make things better and additionally how so call ‘mates’ can take advantage.
- Service Description
JUST Lincolnshire is the ‘single equality’ organisation in the County. We aim to make a real difference to the lives of people from all backgrounds, by championing equality, tackling discrimination and celebrating the richly diverse make up of Lincolnshire.
JUST Lincolnshire is an organisation that is
We operate with
Workshops are available throughout the year. Responses are provided within 10 working days.
The workshop is typically delivered over a 1 hour session, however, if the school wishes to become more involved in interactive workshops, the length of the session can be extended accordingly. The benefits are:
- workshops are tailored to the year group and can also include specific issues the learning centre or learners are keen to explore
- appropriate literature is left with the learning centre, along with a copy of the presentation
- increased awareness and understanding of Hate Crime
- young people explore the importance of respect and tolerance for others
- understanding of the difficulties of working within a rural county
To discuss costs, please contact JUST Lincolnshire on 01522 520174 or email [email protected]
- Contact and how to book
Please provide as much information as possible. Stay Safe Partnership will aim to confirm within 5 working days.
Telephone: 01522 550665.