These groups are aimed at boosting self-esteem and confidence. This training can be used as evidence towards helping you achieve SMSC.
The sessions are based on the principles of group therapy with the aims of:
- increasing classroom participation
- increasing self-esteem in young children
- building resilience and coping mechanisms
- building social skills
- give less confident children a chance to shine in a positive and warm group setting
- Service Description
Six weekly hour long sessions per group facilitated and supported by qualified, verified, experienced BACP registered counsellor(s).
Sessions are available within school term time. Nurture groups available to schools throughout Lincoln, Gainsborough and surrounding villages.
Ofsted recommend Nurture Groups to:
- improve attendance both in primary and secondary schools
- increase educational engagement
- foster emotional wellbeing
- reduce aggression and incidents of withdrawn behaviour
- long term mental health improvements
- greater academic attainment
- improved attendance
- Nurture Groups significantly reduce exclusions and lower truancy
The six week programme costs:
- group of up to 4 children with 1 counsellor - £360 Think2Speak member school, £540 Non Member school
- group of up to 8 children with 2 counsellors - £720 Think2Speak Member school, £1080 Non Member school
- membership of Think2Speak is £270 per year per setting and can be accessed here
- Contact and how to book
We aim to respond with confirmation within 5 working days. Think2Speak will contact you separately re payment arrangements.