- Lincolnshire County Council
To provide SLT/staff/governors/childcare providers with an overview of what Prevent is and how to react accordingly. This training can be used as evidence towards helping you achieve SMSC.
The aims of the presentation are to provide SLT/Staff/Governors/ Childcare Providers at Schools/Academies with:
- an overview of what PREVENT is
- what it should mean to anyone working within an Education setting
- how it links in with general safeguarding responsibilities
- how a referral can be made in the event of a concern about a student who might be vulnerable to a form of extremism
- Service Description
Delivered by the Local Authority Prevent Officer, this training lasts approximately 45 minutes and gives staff and governors an insight into Prevent and how they should handle any student/child/person who may be vulnerable to any form of extremism.
These sessions are run at times to suit staff in school and can be run as a twilight session after school or on school training days. Groups of 10 plus are normally required to run a session
The officers delivering the training are local to Lincolnshire so know what is happening locally to schools and deliver an interactive workshop where questions are encouraged enabling staff to gain the maximum benefit. This training also highlights the schools commitment to PSHE/SMSC and British Values.
This training is free.
- Contact and how to book