These circular walks are set around the village, the surrounding farmland and the coast. Originally a medieval settlement the village is now a popular holiday centre with miles of sandy beaches. Mostly level walking it may be muddy and uneven in places. Chapel St Leonards is located five miles (eight kilometres) north of Skegness.
2.5 miles (four kilometres)
- Starting point
Outside the Parish Council offices
Grid reference: TF 560 722
- Starting from the Parish Council offices walk along South Road towards The Vine Hotel for a short distance and turn right along a public footpath at the side of the shops opposite The Vine Hotel car park. At the road turn left and at the T-junction turn right, following the public footpath sign. Turn first left into Andrew Avenue and walk to the end. Continue straight ahead and follow the public footpath beside the school playing field. Follow the path, around the playing field, over the bridge and onto West View Crescent. Cross the road and continue in the same direction heading towards the gap and footpath between the terraced houses and bungalow. Follow the footpath to a road.
- Cross the road, turn left and follow the path. After approximately 150m follow the field edge path to a bridge. Cross the bridge, turn right and follow the path beside the drain to another bridge. Cross the bridge and follow the path straight on past a house and then between a fence and hedge. Enter the caravan park and walk straight ahead beside the fence. Where the fence turns to the left, walk straight on between the caravans, following the line of trees and waymarkers to a road.
13. Turn left and after approximately 50m turn right, following the footpath sign. Leave the caravan park and walk between two fences. Follow this path to South Road.
14. Turn right and then left along Trunch Lane to the sea front and toilets.
15. Turn left and follow either the bridleway along the bottom of the dunes, or the promenade at the top of the dunes, to return to the village centre.
- Download map
These walks use village paths, field paths, tracks, dunes and the promenade. All the walks are stile free.
- Facilities available on this walk
- Features of this walk
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point