These circular walks are set around the village, the surrounding farmland and the coast. Originally a medieval settlement the village is now a popular holiday centre with miles of sandy beaches. Mostly level walking it may be muddy and uneven in places. Chapel St Leonards is located five miles (eight kilometres) north of Skegness.
3.75 miles (six kilometres)
- Starting point
Outside the Parish Council offices
Grid reference: TF 560 722
- Starting from the Parish Council offices walk along South Road towards The Vine Hotel for a short distance and turn right along a public footpath at the side of the shops opposite The Vine Hotel car park. At the road turn left and at the T-junction turn right, following the public footpath sign. Turn first left into Andrew Avenue and walk to the end. Continue straight ahead and follow the public footpath beside the school playing field. Follow the path, around the playing field, over the bridge and onto West View Crescent. Cross the road and continue in the same direction heading towards the gap and footpath between the terraced houses and bungalow. Follow the footpath to a road.
- Turn right to the junction with Skegness Road. Cross the road and footbridge straight ahead, turn left and follow the road into St Leonard’s church yard. Follow the path to the right of the church and then out into a field, through a kissing gate. Turn left and follow the path along the edge of the field. At the end of the first field turn right and follow the path to the road by the side of the Ship Inn. Turn left and cross the bridge.
10. Turn left after the bridge and almost immediately take the public footpath on the right between two houses. Cross the bridge and walk straight across the field to a footpath sign and then straight on to a bridge.
11. Cross the bridge and turn left along a hedge-lined track, known as Blind Well Lane, for approximately 400m to a lane.
12. Turn left and after approximately 60m take the public footpath on the right. Walk across the field by bearing diagonally left heading to the far corner. Cross into the next field and walk straight across to a bridge and road. Turn right and follow the road. After approximately 0.5 miles (800 m) leave the road, as it bends to the right, and continue straight on along the lane to the caravan park. Now follow the directions for walk one from point six .
6. Enter Nelson Villa Caravan Park and at the side of the house bear right across the grass to a footpath sign. Go through the gate, turn right and follow the hedge around the caravan park to a bridge. Cross the bridge and walk between the chalets. Bear left across the grassed area to the road. Turn left and at the next junction turn right to leave the holiday park. Turn left and at Chapel Point climb the dunes and turn right. Rejoin the directions at point nine .
9. At Chapel Point you can continue along the beach or walk along the promenade past the beach huts to Chapel St Leonards. Turn right here to return to the village and the starting point.
- Download map
These walks use village paths, field paths, tracks, dunes and the promenade. All the walks are stile free.
- Facilities available on this walk
- Features of this walk
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point