This circular walk takes in a typical fenland landscape close to The Wash coast and around the village of Lutton. Mostly walking on level quiet country lanes although the ground may be muddy and uneven in a few places. Lutton lies four miles east of Holbeach.
Six miles (9.5 kilometres)
- Starting point
St Nicholas' church
Grid reference: TF 433 255
- Walk along Church Lane, beside St Nicholas’ church. Follow the lane for 0.75 miles, ignoring a road on the left, passing a pond to a T-junction.
- At the T-junction turn right and follow the roadside path for 250m.
- Turn left along North Drove.
- For the longer route follow the lane as it turns left and then right and past a large pond. Where the lane bends to the right, walk straight on along the bridleway and track to a road.
- Turn right to join the road.
- Follow the road, South Drove, for two miles (3.25 kilometres) to a T-junction on the edge of Lutton village. Again note the mature trees, including beech, on the road side.
- Turn left, walk along the road for 50m and turn right along Colleys Gate. Walk along the road, past Puddingpoke Lane, to a T-junction.
- Turn right along Marriots Gate and follow the road past the Jolly Crispin pub to a T-junction. Turn right to the church and starting point.
- Download map
Has no stiles.
- Facilities available on this walk
- Features of this walk
- Map of starting point