This circular walk takes in a typical fenland landscape close to The Wash coast and around the village of Lutton. Mostly walking on level quiet country lanes although the ground may be muddy and uneven in a few places. Lutton lies four miles east of Holbeach.
Five miles (Eight kilometres)
- Starting point
St Nicholas' church
Grid reference: TF 433 255
- Walk along Church Lane, beside St Nicholas’ church. Follow the lane for 0.75 miles, ignoring a road on the left, passing a pond to a T-junction.
- At the T-junction turn right and follow the roadside path for 250m.
- Turn left along North Drove.
- For the shorter walk take the public footpath straight on beside the farm building when the lane bends to the left. Follow the footpath straight on for one mile (1.5 kilometres) to join the road, turn right and rejoin the walk instructions at 6.
6. Follow the road, South Drove, for two miles (3.25 kilometres) to a T-junction on the edge of Lutton village. Again note the mature trees, including beech, on the road side.
7. Turn left, walk along the road for 50m and turn right along Colleys Gate. Walk along the road, past Puddingpoke Lane, to a T-junction.
8. Turn right along Marriots Gate and follow the road past the Jolly Crispin pub to a T-junction. Turn right to the church and starting point.
- Download map
Has no stiles.
- Facilities available on this walk
- Features of this walk
- Map of starting point