- Type of ride
Surfaced and unsurfaced quiet lanes, public rights of way and Forestry Commission rides. There are three carriage gaps on this loop.
The Lindsey Trail is a long distance circular multi-user route through the Lincolnshire Wolds. It extends from Market Rasen to Horncastle.
10 miles (16km)
4.5 miles (Seven kilometres) off road
Two miles (three kilometres) on road
- Starting point
Willingham Woods car park
Grid reference TF 137 884
- Leave the western (Market Rasen) end of the car park. Turn right on to the forest track, away from the road. Follow the track for 400m. Continue to a crossroads of tracks.
- Turn left.
- At the red-brick building bear right. There will be a T junction of tracks. To visit Chapel Hill moated site, turn left. This is approximately 300m after the buildings.
- Turn right. Follow the track to a road. There is a carriage gap to exit the woodland.
- Turn left onto the road. Continue for 650m.
- Turn right on to a public byway. Follow the byway past Sunnyside Up Farm Shop. Continue through the woods to a road.
- Cross the road. Continue on the byway for approximately 1.25 miles (two kilometres). You will come to a road.
- Turn right. Go over the level crossing. Follow the road into Walesby. Continue to the crossroads next to the village hall.
- Turn right, signed Tealby. Follow the road to a T junction.
- Turn right, signed Tealby. Follow the road for 250m.
- Turn left, signed Tealby. Follow the road for 1.5 miles (2.5 km). Continue to the T junction.
- Turn right, signed Market Rasen. Follow the road for 150m.
- Turn left along Thorpe Lane. Follow the road through a ford. Continue to T junction.
- Turn right. Follow the road to a T junction with the A631.
- Turn right, signed Market Rasen. Follow the road for 400m.
- Turn left on to a public byway. Follow the track for 0.6 miles (one kilometre).
- Turn right through a carriage gap. Continue through the woodland. Follow the forest track for 200m. Continue to a junction of tracks.
- Turn left. Follow the track to a T junction. Turn right. Follow the track for 450m.
- Turn right on to another track towards the road.
- Leave the woodland through a carriage gap. Cross the road. Return to the starting point.
- Route map
- Map starting point