- Service Description
The Anna Freud Centre has published a range of resources to help support the mental health of children, young people, school staff and parents. So far there are 3 toolkits within the series you can find them here:
Coronavirus: Resources for mental health and wellbeing
- a booklet to support schools
- videos to provide practical guidance and tips to schools, parents and carers about coronavirus (COVID-19) and mental health
- activities to ease anxiety that can be done at school or at home and other helpful advice, helplines and resources for adults and children.
- resources for staff wellbeing
- resources to help children with SEND and
- responding to the unique challenges that may arise for vulnerable children
- resources for school staff, as well as parents, to use with vulnerable children or children with SEND
- a resource from Stonewall for the LGBTQ+ community, and
- a resource pack for staff wellbeing and practical activities for adults and children to help stay mentally well during this time.
The NHS have also published some advice and support around supporting mental health of children and young people in the current situation.
- resources for school staff, parents and carers and children to help manage anxiety and improve wellbeing
- practical activities such as mindful crafts, breathing exercises and other self-care ideas
- informative videos, emotional expression worksheets and helpful strategies to address anxiety