Elton Orston Railway Station
Train services to this station are provided by East Midlands Trains as part of the Poacher Line Community Rail Partnership.
Elton and Orston railway station (formerly Elton railway station) serves the villages of Elton and Orston in Nottinghamshire. It is located on the line first opened by the Ambergate, Nottingham, Boston and Eastern Junction Railway in 1850 and taken over by the Great Northern Railway.
The station itself was opened by the Great Northern Railway in 1855. The station buildings were designed by Thomas Chambers Hine. No station buildings by Hine survive in 2008, but there is a small 1980s brick built shelter on one platform. In 1904, the name of the station was just ‘Elton’.
Always check train times before travelling. Call National Rail enquiries on 08457 48 49 50 or check their website.
Train Operator: East Midlands Trains
Ticket sales: 08457 125 678
Reproduced from the 1996 OS Mapping with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office (C) Crown Copyright. Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown Copyright and may lead to civil proceedings. OS LICENCE 100025370