Child home safety
Children under four are most at risk from accidents at home but there are simple steps you can take to make your home safer.
Top safety tips:
- put hot drinks out of reach of children and always out your drink down before picking up a child
- move small objects out of sight and reach of children to avoid choking
- fit stair gates at the top and bottom of the stairs
- don’t let children climb on tall objects they could fall from
- tie up blind cords so there is no hanging loop
- never leave young children alone in the bath and test the water temperature before you put them in
- keep medicines and chemicals out of the reach of children
- be extra careful when shutting doors as little fingers are easily trapped
If you live in Lincolnshire, you can apply for a free blind cleat:
Get more useful information from the Child Accident Prevention Trust.