Development works which affect the highway must have temporary traffic restrictions in place. This includes:
- Section 278 works
- minor works agreement
- Section 38 development
- development (no excavation within the highway)
You must get consent from us at least three months before works start.
If you start work on the existing highway without a permit, we will stop it. We may take legal action against the developer and the contractor.
Before you apply, you must:
- read our application guidance
- have had all pre-discussions about temporary traffic management
- make sure all other necessary permissions are in place
To complete your application, you must provide your:
- site location plan
- traffic management plan
- programme of works
- method statement or risk assessment
- relevant planning permission
- proposed or approved scheme design drawings
- other approval documents, if required
For any queries, email [email protected].