Museum of Lincolnshire Life
The museum celebrates life in Lincolnshire from 1750 to the present day, providing a trip down memory lane of how things were and people’s lifestyles over the years.
As a volunteer at the museum, we want you to:
- help plan the many events we run for visitors, young and old. Including quizzes for children, talks about Victorian life, art, and photography workshops.
- take part in our ‘living history’ event days and dress up as a character or craft assistant. As a historical character, people will come to visit you within the room sets and talk about your experiences.
- interact with visitors, providing them with information about the museum, its crafts, and exhibitions and promoting the i-guides, events, and merchandise.
- encourage people to visit our shop, where you could also serve.
Working as part of a team, you will also promote visitor feedback through donations and visitor survey forms and monitor and record visitor numbers and the flow around the site. Ensuring the safety, security, and comfort of visitors to the site.
We would provide the training and full induction. You provide:
- the willingness to learn about the museum and its collection.
- enthusiasm for local history and heritage.
- a willingness to commit to regular involvement.
What happens next?
We will contact you if we have suitable opportunities within ten working days and invite you for an interview to discuss:
- your requirements
- any checks we need to carry out
- your availability
- paperwork and expenses
- any concerns you may have
- induction and training