Archaeological and historical projects
Over the years, we have offered various opportunities, including archaeological investigation and excavation, war memorial survey and research, traditional crafts workshops, and others.
We help to protect and enhance the county’s rich and diverse historic environment by:
- managing the Lincolnshire Historic Environment Record
- providing expert archaeological advice
- recording finds through the Portable Antiquities Scheme
- celebrating local heritage via community projects
- encouraging sustainable heritage-led regeneration
- supporting regeneration in our towns and city that is inspired and influenced by its heritage
- making the most of our heritage to help urban areas thrive into the future
Volunteering opportunities in archaeological and historical projects are very much dependent on what projects are running at any time.
What happens next?
We will contact you if we have suitable opportunities within ten working days and invite you for an interview to discuss:
- your requirements
- any checks we need to carry out
- your availability
- paperwork and expenses
- any concerns you may have
- induction and training