GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy

Apply for a Highway Permit

The Scheme applies to the whole of the Lincolnshire road network so anyone carrying out works in Lincolnshire, with the exception of Section 50 Licence holders, will need to apply for a permit before commencing.

Typically this is utility companies (telephone, gas, electricity, water), the council itself, and anyone that is working on a development for which planning permission has been granted and that affects the highway.

All permit notifications, including Provisional Advance Authorisations (PAAs), permit applications and variations, must be made through the Electronic Transfer of Notifications (EToN) system.

If you require help with making an application email [email protected] or call 01522 552222.

Permit fees

Permit fees do not include costs charged or recoverable by highway authorities in relation to consents or other requirements such as for Temporary Traffic Orders or Notices or parking suspensions related to other works being carried out.

It is not the purpose of fee-charging under the Permit Scheme to generate revenue for the Permit Authority; although subject to the constraints set out a Permit Authority may cover its costs.

Fees are payable by Statutory Undertakers, but highway authorities are not charged.