You must have a licence before you enter the highway to:
- place and retain private apparatus
- place a cable over the highway
- place and retain an underground structure affecting the highway
You must apply at least one month before you would like works to start.
Each licence fee is £300.
- We will take your payment then assess your request within one calendar month. We will contact you to discuss your works further if required.
- If approved, we will post you two copies of your licence. Both must be signed, witnessed and returned to us.
- Once we receive your signed copies, we will countersign one and post it back to you. We will also include any conditions of work.
- Work can only begin when you have received your countersigned licence.
If we cannot resolve any issues, we will refuse your application. We will return your paperwork and payment.