Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

My house is flooding - the next steps

flooding image

I’m in my house and its being flooded; what should I do?

  • Report any flooding to Lincolnshire County Council Lead Local Flood Authority 01522 782082
  • Keep listening to local radio; BBC Radio Lincolnshire 94.9FM and Lincs FM 102.2FM.
  • If you have children, visit our homepage for the latest school closures.
  • Call the Environment Agency Floodline for advice on 0845 988 1188.
  • Be prepared to co-operate with the emergency services i.e. in the event of evacuation.
  • Put plugs in the bath and sinks, put sandbags on top of them, place sandbags into toilets to prevent backflow and disconnect electrical appliances etc.
  • Try and move as much as possible upstairs, but don’t take any risks!
  • Think about valuables which should include things that can’t be replaced such as treasured photographs and don’t forget your insurance policy!
  • If you do have to be evacuated from your property because of flooding make sure your premises are secure and don’t leave windows open in the hope it will help to dry out the property.
  • Notify the Police that your property has been vacated.
  • Wait for floods to subside.

Don’t forget to call if you need help:

  • Risk to life: 999
  • Environment Agency Floodline for advice on 0845 988 1188.
  • Lincolnshire County Council’s flood line – (24 hours) 01522 782082

Emergency floodline

In a flood emergency, call at anytime:

01522 782082

Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 11 January 2017

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET