National Motorway Awareness Course
Due to the coronavirus, we have postponed all classroom courses.
You can book an online digital course as an alternative.
If you have been offered a place by the police, you can book online:
The online course costs £90 and lasts for 2 hours and 30 minutes. From 1 January 2021 this will change to 2 hours and 45 minutes.
Course times until 31 December 2020 are: 09.30am to 12 noon or 1pm to 3.30pm. (Please join on Zoom 15 minutes prior to your course time).
Course times from 1 January 2021 are: 9.15am to 12 noon or 1pm to 3.45pm. (Please join on Zoom 15 minutes prior to your course time).
It is designed to help you:
- have a better knowledge of the meaning of smart motorway signs
- understand why variable speed limits and lane closures are imposed
- know how to use emergency areas safely and appropriately
- be aware of the risks of breaking rules on smart motorways
- take responsibility for decisions about complying with the rules
We will not allow you to join an online course if you:
- are late
- are unable to show the trainer your valid photocard driving licence (or paper licence supported by an acceptable photographic ID)
- bring an interpreter (if required) not named on your booking (or they do not have acceptable photographic ID)
You must read the NDORS terms and conditions for full details, including cancellation and re-booking fees.
If you cannot book online, call 01522 805940. Lines are open 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday.