Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

What we will do if you complain – statutory complaints

Statutory complaints - Children’s Services

Stage one - local resolution

If you make a formal complaint, an appropriate manager will deal with your concern. You should receive acknowledgement within two working days and a final response within 10 working days of making your complaint. Because some complaints are complex or because an advocate is required to assist the young person, a further 10 days can be allowed before a response is made. If this is the case, you will be kept informed. We will try to resolve your complaint by listening to you and asking what action you would like to be taken.

Stage two - independent investigation

If you are not satisfied with the response at stage one, you can ask for an independent investigation. An investigating officer and an independent person will be appointed to investigate your complaint and report back to you and the complaints manager, usually within 25 working days. However, if it is not possible to meet this deadline, you will be kept informed and a full response will be produced within three months. If your complaint is about a service where there is an independent regulator, for example issues about the Data protection Act you can refer it to them.

Stage three - review panel

If you are still unhappy with the response, an independent panel will review how the complaint has been handled. The panel must meet within 30 days of your request. If your complaint is about a service regulated by Ofsted you can complain directly to it. Ofsted also deals with Children’s Services and skills. It inspects and regulates care for children and young people as well as inspecting a wide range of schools, children’s homes and fostering and adoption services.

Ofsted can be contacted by:
Post: Ofsted, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester M1 2WD
Telephone: 0300 123 1231

For further information on complaints please follow this link.

Statutory complaints - Adults Services

There are two ways your complaint will be dealt with, either in an informal response or formal investigation. If you remain dissatisfied after you receive the council’s response, you may refer your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman. There are no statutory regulations about how quickly the council should respond to complaints but the council will aim to respond to all Adult Social Care complaints within 10 working days.

The statutory complaints process has a complaints manager who you can contact for advice and guidance if you wish to make a complaint- the contact details are show below:

Fill in online feedback form at:
Telephone: 01522 782060
Write to:

Customer Relations and Complaints Manager, Lincolnshire County Council, Customer Feedback, PO Box 841, Lincolnshire County Council, LN1 1ZE.
Fax: 01522 516137

Contact Us

Compliments, comments and complaints form

Go to Form

Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 16 December 2013

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET