Apply Online for a School Place
Applying online for a school place
Parents applying for school places for their children have two options depending on the time of year:
1) Apply online for the Normal Year of Entry - Online is now closed
2) Apply for a Midyear Place - Online is open all year round
If you are applying for a normal year of entry the key dates are:
- From 9 September 2016 you can apply online for a Year 7 place for September 2017 entry.
- From 14 November 2016 you can apply online for a Reception or Junior place for September 2017 entry.
For any other applications, please Apply for a Midyear place. To apply for a midyear place you can either telephone and request a paper application or apply online. Applications can be made any time of the year.
If you apply online for a midyear place you will receive the outcome of your application by email.
Further information on applying for a midyear place is available on our website.
Birthday ranges for school applications
- Children born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013 are due to start Reception in September 2017.
- Children born between 1 September 2005 and 31 August 2006 are due to transfer to secondary school in September 2017.
- Children born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010 and in Year 2 at an infant school, are due to start at a Junior or Primary school in September 2017.
You can also apply for a Year 3 place at a Junior school if your child is currently in Year 2 at a primary school.
If you would like to apply for a place at Lincoln University Technical College please see the relevant page.