You can request our free pre-application advice to help you:
- verify local requirements
- reduce the likelihood of submitting an invalid application
- understand how planning policies affect your proposal
Our advice is informal and without prejudice to the formal consideration of any planning application.
Before getting in contact:
- check the planning history of the site
- identify any relevant policies within the Minerals and Waste Local Plan or district local plans
You will need to provide us with:
- a plan identifying the site and/or its address
- a description of the proposed use or development
- the size, scale and nature of the use or activities proposed
- any measures to mitigate any impact of your proposal
- details of any engagement with the local community
For mineral development or landfill, you must provide a description of the site's restoration and after use.
When you have this information:
- email [email protected]
- or, write to Planning Services, Lancaster House, 36 Orchard Street, Lincoln, LN1 1XX
What happens next?
We will assess your proposal and reply within 10 working days. This may take longer if further specialist advice is required.
We will tell you if your proposal:
- is acceptable
- is not acceptable and why
- if any amendments may make it acceptable