Radcliffe Railway Station
Train services to this station are provided by East Midlands Trains as part of the Poacher Line Community Rail Partnership.
The red cliffs along the river gave Radcliffe-on-Trent its name. The first specific information about the village comes from the Domesday Book of 1086, some twenty years after the Norman Conquest. This records two manors and fisheries, but there is no mention of a church or mills. Lamcote, Radcliffe’s neighbouring hamlet, had three manors.
Eventually it would be absorbed and administered by Radcliffe, despite being in the ecclesiastical parish of Holme Pierrepont. In medieval times the main landowners were the Dayncourt, Basily, Grey and Strelly families.
Always check train times before travelling. Call National Rail enquiries on 08457 48 49 50 or check their website.
Train Operator: East Midlands Trains
Ticket sales: 08457 125 678
Reproduced from the 1996 OS Mapping with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office (C) Crown Copyright. Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown Copyright and may lead to civil proceedings. OS LICENCE 100025370