Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:
  • You are here:
  • Home
  • Council Tax

Council Tax

The collection of council tax is the responsibility of your local district or town council, rather than the county council. However, LCC does publish a spending plan which details how our funding is used to support citizens.

If you have any questions about individual accounts, exemptions, the band of your home, band reductions including those for disability, please contact your local council:

Council tax benefits

Your local council will be able to advise you about council tax benefits including single person occupancy discounts, the 'second adult rebate' for other residents in the house who do not share liability and if you have a low income.

You can claim council tax benefit if you are on:

  • Income Support
  • Job Seeker’s Allowance
  • a low income (including people who are self employed).

If there’s a reason which stopped or delayed you applying for council tax benefit, you can ask for your claim to be ‘backdated’. Your claim will then be calculated as if it started from an earlier date.

Appeals - The Council Tax (Decision and Appeals) Regulations 2001 state that:

  • any ‘person affected’ by a relevant council tax benefit decision
  • can ask their District Council to revise the decision.

If you’re affected by a decision, you can also appeal to an independent appeal tribunal.

‘Overpayment’ is when you receive too much benefit. To solve the problem you will usually have to pay more council tax. In most cases, your district council will send you a revised Council Tax bill.

Each case is decided by your district council, according to its own individual situation.

Although the collection of council tax is the responsibility of your local council, Lincolnshire County Council publishes a spending plan which details how are funding is used to support our citizens. For further information, please contact your appropriate local council.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 14 November 2016

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET