Online library resources
Every library in Lincolnshire has computers which provide free access to:
- web based email
- a range of office software applications
- the Lincolnshire library catalogue
- Online information
Information and links to a wide range of library online resources available to Lincolnshire Library members, including e-Books, e-Audiobooks and Digital Magazines, are available from this link to our Discover Libraries website.
Call into any Lincolnshire library to collect your free membership card and Personal Identification Number (PIN) or join the library service online.
Please note that you need to enter LIN before your card number for some of these links, it does state on the link which these are e.g. LIN******
- Access to Research - only available in libraries
- Ancestry - only available in libraries
- Britannica Encyclopedia Adult
- Britannica Encyclopedia Student (Age 12-18)
- Britannica Junior (Age 5-11)
- British Newspaper Archive - only available in libraries
- E-Audiobooks - One Click Digital
- E-Audiobooks - Ulverscroft Digital
- Find My Past - only available in libraries
- GoCitizen.co.uk is an online study resource for candidates preparing for the Life in the UK test or British citizenship test.
- Issues Online: Hundreds of articles , facts and statistics on today's social issues
- The John Johnson Collection - only available in libraries. Digital Collection of historical printed ephemera, of everyday life in Britain.
- Music Online - classical music streaming
- Naxos Music Library Access over 1,064,900 music tracks
- Oxford English Dictionary Online - enter LIN before number
- Oxford Art Online (the new home of Grove) - enter LIN before number
- Oxford Music Online (the new home of Grove) - enter LIN before number
- Oxford Reference Online - enter LIN before number
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography enter LIN before number
- TheoryTestPro - online simulation of the UK's driving theory tests for all vehicle categories
- Times Digital Archive 1785-2008 maximum 2 concurrent users. Please log out when finished.
- Transparent Language Online - choose from over 80 languages to learn - new users login with library card number before creating account
- UK News Stand UK newspapers including Lincolnshire Echo
- Which? - access to this service is only available in the following libraries:
Bourne, Boston, Gainsborough, Grantham, Horncastle, Lincoln, Louth, Mablethorpe, Skegness, Sleaford, Spalding, Stamford. Please ask a member of staff to log you on to the service.
- Who's Who and Who Was Who
- Who else writes like A reader's guide to fiction
- World War One Collection: Official documents relating to WW1 from 1914 to 1918 - Access for free from your local library only.