Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:


If you are thinking about demolishing a building you should contact your District or Borough Council at the earliest opportunity to seek permission.

You should also agree on the measures you will have to take to ensure that the work can be carried out safely and to the satisfaction of the Local Authority.

Local Authorities normally require a minimum of 6 weeks notice. It should be noted however that this is very much a minimum period and if the demolition involves, for instance, the closing of a road or the disconnection or moving of gas, water, electricity or telephone apparatus this period could be much longer.

Specific consent is required under the Planning Acts for the demolition of structures in a Conservation Area or involving a structure listed as being of architectural or historic interest.  In certain circumstances other forms of demolition may require planning permission, therefore in all cases it is advisable to check with the district or borough council.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 5 December 2017

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET