Great Northern Terrace Household Waste Recycling Centre
The Great Northern Terrace Household Waste Recycling Centre is located in the south east of Lincoln. Follow the signs and recycling symbols from Pelham Bridge to find your way to the site. The site is owned by Lincolnshire County Council and operated by a third party Contractor.
What can you recycle in Lincoln?
- Car batteries
- Cooking oil
- Fluorescent tubes/Light bulbs
- Food tins and drinks cans
- Fridges and freezers
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Hardcore and rubble
- Household and garden chemicals
- Mixed glass bottles and jars
- Mixed textiles and clothes
- Mobile phones
- Scrap metal
- Small appliances
- TVs and monitors
- Used engine oil
- Wood and timber
Please note that you can bring other household waste items to the site but we are unable to recycle them at present. Lincolnshire County Council encourages the treatment of wastes as high up the Waste Hierarchy as possible. In order to do this site operators are permitted to reclaim for re-use non-electrical household items (with certain specific exceptions).
- No commercial waste is accepted.
- No clinical waste is accepted.
- No asbestos-based material is accepted.
- Soil, hardcore and plasterboard are not classified as household waste, but residents may bring 1 dustbin full per person per day.
- Height barriers are in place to prevent commercial vehicles entering. You are welcome to bring your own household waste in an over-height vehicle, but you will be directed to a designated parking area to unload. Staff are happy to help and trolleys are provided.
- Facilities are available for non-recyclable waste.
- This site no longer accepts tyres. Customers are advised to take old tyres to their local tyre bay, or a breakers yard/scrap yard where they should be accepted for a small charge.
- Children (under the age of 16) must remain in cars at all times while on the site.
- Staff on site will be happy to help you, please ask if you require assistance.
Great Northern Terrace Household Waste
Great Northern Terrace
|Monday||9.00am - 4.00pm|
|Tuesday||9.00am - 4.00pm|
|Wednesday||9.00am - 4.00pm|
|Thursday||9.00am - 4.00pm|
|Friday||9.00am - 4.00pm|
|Saturday||9.00am - 4.00pm|
|Sunday||9.00am - 4.00pm|
Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day