Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

Report highway defects

Lincolnshire County Council, as Highway Authority, is responsible for managing and maintaining the road network in Lincolnshire. We aim to provide a high quality customer service throughout the county and try to respond to online/email reports within five working days (usually sooner).

If you wish to enquire about recent changes to Street Lighting, your question may be answered by visiting our Street Lighting page where you will find an introduction to the changes along with a Frequently Asked Question document. If this information does not answer your query, could you please email

If you wish to report a genuine fault with a street light, please continue as below.

As part of our commitment to improving services you can report any issues with the following online:

  • potholes
  • pavement/road defects
  • flooding/drainage
  • debris on the road
  • missing/damaged drain or manhole
  • oil spillage/diesel on the road
  • theft of highway equipment
  • overgrown hedges/trees
  • grass cutting
  • winter salt/gritting/snow clearance
  • road signs/white lines
  • obstructed roads/pavements
  • graffiti
  • fly posting
  • grit bin refills
  • and other highway defects
  • street lights
  • illuminated signs (not traffic signals)
  • permanent traffic signals
  • pedestrian crossings
  • Public Rights of Way


Highways, Transport and Environmental Services General Enquiry

If you have a general highway enquiry (not covered by the other online forms) please use the Highways, Transport and Environmental Services General Enquiry form.


As part of our commitment to improving services you can also contact us by telephone or in writing. Our contact information can be found below, alternatively, please use one of the online reporting forms above.

NOTE: If you consider this report to be an emergency (a situation which presents an immediate danger) please do not use these forms, instead call us on 01522 782070 so we can deal with the issue as quickly as possible. Should you wish to report a fault which you consider to be an emergency outside normal office hours, Monday to Friday after 6pm or at weekends/bank holidays please contact the Police - in an emergency ring 999.

Potential emergency reports include (but are not limited to):

  • Risk to life
  • Trip hazards
  • Missing ironwork/drain covers
  • Exposed wiring (streetlights/illuminated signs)
  • Fallen trees/branches in the road
  • Damage to property
  • Deep potholes


Highway defects

Discovered highway defects such as potholes, lighting, flooding, signage, obstructed roads?


Constructing a dropped kerb

Request permission to construct a dropped kerb/vehicular crossing to an existing property.


Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 4 October 2016

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET