The English National Concessionary Travel Scheme allows all eligible older and disabled people to travel free on off-peak (between 9.30am-11pm Monday to Friday and all day on weekends and bank holidays) scheduled bus services anywhere in England.
The Council also allows Lincolnshire pass holders to travel free of charge on local journeys before 9.30am on weekdays.
Residency - Permanent residents of Lincolnshire. This can be proved using an official document with your name and address, e.g. Bank Statement, Utility Bill, dated within the last 6 months. Your Local Council Tax bill for the current year will also be acceptable.
Age Criteria - The age of eligibility for women will be pension age and for men it will be the pensionable age of a woman born on the same day (Directgov’s State Pension Age Calculator). Proof of Age must also be supplied by supplying one of the following Birth Certificate, Proof of State Pension, Passport, Driving Licence or Prescription.
Disability criteria - Whilst there are many types of disability only 7 are recognised for the scheme, a blue badge or higher rate DLA / PIPS would provide sufficient evidence in most cases.
- Is blind or partially sighted
- Is profoundly deaf or severely deaf
- Is without speech
- Is disabled, or suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long term effect on your ability to walk
- Does not have arms, or has long term loss of the use of both arms
- Has a learning disability
- Has a moderate to severe disability and would, if applied for a licence to drive a motor vehicle, be refused due to physical fitness or other than for the misuse of drugs or alcohol.
You can apply for a concessionary bus pass in a variety of ways, either:
- Download an application form
- Collect your application form from your local District Council office, library, access centre or Community Group
- Ring 01522 873700 to request a form by post
- Request an application form by emailing email@example.com
- Collect your application form in person from City Hall, Beaumont Fee, Lincoln, LN1 1DB
Downloaded or hard copy forms must be completed and returned by post with the relevant documents and photograph to the address on the application form. All applications should be made via post no earlier than 21 days in advance of your eligibility date. Your pass should be sent to you within 10 working days.
Concessionary Fare Office
Alternatively visit the Concessionary Fares Team at City Hall in Lincoln who will be able to issue you pass whilst you wait. Your photograph can be captured at the time of application, but you must bring evidence of eligibility with you.
|Monday||9am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||9am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||10am - 5pm|
|Thursday||9am - 5pm|
|Friday||9am - 4.30pm|
There is no fee for renewing your pass and you can renew up to six months in advance of your card expiring. You will need to provide a passport sized photo taken within the last 12 months (unless you are applying in person); plus proof of residency and that you are eligible for a pass.
You can renew your Lincolnshire Concessionary pass by Post, by visiting City Hall or by email to ENCTS_Renewals@lincolnshire.gov.uk, download a Renewal application form, or they are available from libraries and District Council offices.
Please allow up to 28 days to receive your new pass.
If your pass has been lost, damaged or stolen, call the Concessionary Fares Team on 01522 873700 or call in at City Hall Lincoln and they will issue a replacement. There will usually be an administration charge of £10 unless your pass was stolen and you can provide a valid police crime number. Proof of Residency is required for a replacement pass.
Make all cheques payable to: 'Lincolnshire County Council' or alternatively payment can be made online.
Go to the Online Payment System and select 'Older & Disabled Concessionary Replacement Pass'. If paying online you will still need to submit proof of residency before a replacement pass can be issued.
- Services where most seats can be reserved
- Rail replacement bus services
- Park & Ride services
- Coach excursions and tours
- Taxis and private hire cars
- Certain seasonal services
- Community Transport Schemes